Looking for new breakfast ideas? Baked oats taste like dessert but have all the same nutritional benefits as your traditional morning oats.
If you are on social media, you may have seen a trendy baked oat recipe going around. Baked oats are a great, delicious alternative to traditional oatmeal or overnight oats. If you are an oatmeal lover, you will enjoy baked oats just as much. The main difference to regular oatmeal is that for this recipe you will be blending your oats and using the oven. Eating baked oats is like eating cake for breakfast; you get the nice fluffy texture but still all the nutritional benefits of regular oats.
How To Make Vegan Baked Oats
- ½ cup oats
- ½ tsp baking powder
- ¾ cup plant-based milk alternative
- 4 drops vanilla extract
- Place your oats in a blender or smoothie maker and blend until getting oat flour.
- Add the baking powder, plant milk, and vanilla extract and blend until combined.
- Transfer the mix into an oven-save bowl and bake for 15 minutes at 390°F.
Servings: 1 Estimated prep and baking time: 20min
Delicious Toppings for Your Baked Oats
Just like you add special toppings to your morning oats, baked oats also have lots of possibilities for flavor variations. You can combine different fruits, nuts, vegan yogurt, nut butters, and special toppings (such as chocolate chips, maple syrup or another natural sweetener, or even cookie crumbs). Here are some delicious combo ideas for your vegan baked oats:
- Raspberry & almond: Add the raspberries and almonds to the uncooked blended mixture before you transfer it to the oven.
- Blueberry, banana & peanut butter: Add the blueberries and banana slices to the blended mixture before you transfer it to the oven as well. Once your oats are baked, top them with some homemade peanut butter.
- Chocolate chips: If you are a chocolate chip cookie lover, you should give this one a try. Add the chocolate chips before you transfer your mixture to the oven. You can also add a fruit (such as banana or strawberry), for a more nutritious breakfast.
- Strawberry, walnuts & chocolate: If you’d like your baked oats to look and taste like a vegan brownie, add a tablespoon of cocoa powder and blend alongside the other ingredients. Add walnuts to the mixture before baking your oats, and then top it with some strawberry slices.
- Proats: Easy Breakfast Recipe for Protein Oats
- How To Make Vegan Waffles: Easy & Fluffy Waffle Recipe
- Healthy Coconut Oatmeal Cookies: A Simple Recipe
Do you like this post?