Vegan cauliflower wings are delicious and crispy, with a spicy tang that makes you want to grab another bite. Check out how to make them at home.
Oven-baked vegan cauliflower wings are crispy and full of flavor. Each cauliflower head is dipped in a spiced batter and baked until golden brown and crunchy. Baking them is healthier than frying and using plant-based milk and vegan butter makes these cauliflower wings 100 percent vegan.
Serve these veggie wings as a snack at parties or even alongside a main course like pizza or noodles. They are great for dipping, and you can choose to make them extra hot by coating them in buffalo sauce and baking them again in the final stages. Check out our Simple Vegan Buffalo Chicken Dip for even more buffalo-flavored deliciousness.
Vegan cauliflower wings are quick and easy to prepare. Give them a try!
How To Make Delicious Vegan Cauliflower Wings
Yield: 4 servings
- 1 cauliflower (approximately 4 cups of cauliflower florets)
- 1 cup flour
- 1/2 cup plant-based milk
- 3/4 cup water
- 1/4 tsp. ground pepper
- 2 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. paprika
- 1 tsp. cumin
Optional buffalo sauce:
- 1 tbsp. vegan butter
- 1 cup vegan hot sauce
Instructions for Vegan Cauliflower Wings:
- Wash and chop the cauliflower heads into bite-sized chunks.
- In a medium-sized mixing bowl, stir the flour, plant-based milk, water, ground pepper, garlic powder, salt, paprika and cumin to form a thick batter.
- Dip each cauliflower head in the batter and place on a parchment paper substitute over a baking tray.
- Bake for twenty minutes at 400°F until golden brown and crispy. Turn halfway through to brown all sides.
- To make buffalo sauce for vegan cauliflower wings, melt the butter on low heat and stir in the hot sauce. When the butter starts to melt, remove it from the heat and stir again.
- When the cauliflower florets are cooked, place them in a large bowl and drizzle the hot sauce over them. Toss to coat each one.
- Place back on the baking tray and cook for another 10 to 15 minutes, until crispy.
- Serve immediately with a dip of your choice. We recommend healthy ranch dressing, Greek eggplant dip, pumpkin dip or hummus.
If you have a bigger head of cauliflower and aren’t using it all up for vegan cauliflower wings, check out how to freeze cauliflower so you have fresh florets at hand the next time you’ll make this delicious snack.
- Popcorn Tofu: Vegan Recipe in Air Fryer or Oven
- Cauliflower Hummus: Easy Low-Carb Recipe
- How to Cook Cauliflower in 8 Different Ways
Do you like this post?