Don't know what to buy for the vegans in your life? We've got you covered! From sweet treats to plant-based skin care, these gifts for vegan friends will make everyone's day.
Finding the right gifts for vegan people is actually very easy! We’ll show you gifts for vegan best friends, family, acquaintances, co-workers, or neighbors, and range from snacks and kitchen appliances to plants or charity donations. Make sure to stick to eco-friendly materials when wrapping up your gifts.
1. Coffee, Tea or Spices Are a Practical Gifts for Vegan Friends and Family
How about gifting some kitchen go-to’s to your vegan friend? Make sure you know whether the person prefers coffee, tea, or another vegan drink, and get your hands on a nice fair trade, organic and vegan version of that. Alternatively, spices are always a safe option, especially if your friend is into vegan cooking!
2. A Kitchen Herb Garden Is a Thoughtful Gift for Vegans
A kitchen herb garden will make the heart of any vegan friend beat faster. It’s a small paradise for the senses and can enhance any meal. Check out our article on 12 herbs for your kitchen garden for some inspiration. Plus, if it’s homemade, you get extra friend points!
You can just start with one or two herbs, so the person can continue adding their favorite herbs to it.
3. House Plants are a Great Gift for Vegans
Similar to a herb garden, houseplants are a great gift for vegan friends with a green thumb. If your friend has pets at home, make sure to choose houseplants safe for pets.
4. Gift Time to Your Vegan Loved Ones
A gift oftentimes more appreciated than anything materialistic is spending time with each other. There is a variety of gifts of time to choose from. How about inviting the other person for a vegan brunch, a day trip to the mountains, or going thrifting together?
While it may be hard to schedule quality time in day-to-day life, he holidays are the perfect occasion to surprise your friends with a special activity.
5. Vegan and Reusable Lunch Boxes and Cups
A simple and practical gift idea for vegans is eco-friendly, reusable lunch boxes or cups. There are even whole sets (available on Amazon**), including straws, boxes, cups and lunch bags that will spare you time and effort to search for something.
Eco-friendly lunch boxes are a sustainable, vegan gift option that will serve the other person in the long run.
6. Gift Kitchen Appliances to Your Vegan Friends
If you are looking for gifts for your vegan partner, best friend, or close family member, you might want to surprise them with something a little luxurious. Kitchen appliances are perfect for that. Bring their cooking game to another level by gifting an air fryer, a nice food processor, mixer, toaster or steamer.
7. Scented Candles as a Gift for Vegans
Scented candles are a great gift for vegans, especially in winter and fall. But make sure that you the candles you choose are actually vegan. Oftentimes candles are not vegan because they are made from stearic acid or beeswax. Fortunately there are many vegan options, typically made from soy wax or natural oils, so look out for these ingredients.
8. You Cannot Go Wrong With Vegan Skincare
Skincare is something that we all need. Your vegan friends may be having a hard time finding the right products, as many skincare products are not cruelty-free or animal friendly. Doing this research for them will spare them the hustle. Look out for signs such as the leaping bunny logo who label products created without any animal testing.
9. Staples Like Nut Butter Are Useful Gifts for Every Vegan
While there are various vegan nut butters to choose from at the store, it’s actually easy to make them yourself. That way you have full control over ingredients, ensuring that it is 100 percent vegan. Here are some nut butter recipes and other vegan spreads to recreate:
10. Gift a Cookbook to Your Vegan Buddies
If your vegan friend, acquaintance, or neighbor is into cooking, what would be a better gift than a vegan cookbook? Either gift them an empty book with space to perpetuate their own creations on paper or get your hands on a fancy vegan cookbook, for example for a specific cuisine or lifestyle.
11. Put Together a Vegan DIY Gift Basket
Put together a gift basket for your vegan friends. You could fill a basket with fresh, organic vegetables, fruits and vegan cheese or try any of the options below:
Vegan Hot Cocoa Kit
- Make sure to get vegan cocoa powder.
- Select the best plant-based milk you can find.
- Add some vegan mini marshmallows and a vegan bamboo spoon.
- Put everything into a mug or small basket and decorate with some winter or fall-inspired items, such as a vegan candy cane.
Vegan S’mores Kit
- Get some vegan chocolate from the store or try this easy recipe for vegan chocolate bars.
- Make vegan, gelatin-free marshmallows.
- Add honey-free, vegan graham crackers.
- Decorate nicely in a small basket and add a handwritten note.
12. Coconut Bowls and Cutlery as Gifts for Vegans
Many vegans love açaí bowls or buddha bowls. Cooking these at home becomes an even better experience when serving it in a coconut bowl. Coconut bowls are sturdy, long-lasting and bump-resistant.
13. Self-made or Store-bought Vegan Ceramic Mugs
Mugs are a gift you can’t go wrong with, everybody needs them! Look for unique shapes or patterns and try supporting local shops or small artists. You could also visit a local pottery course to make a mug, can or bowl yourself.
14. Reusbale Straws Are Great Gifts for Vegan Acquaintances
Especially when it comes to a gift for a vegan person you might not know very well yet, you don’t want to go overboard. Gifting glass or metal straws are a small but kind gesture. Plus, they are easy to access as you can find them at any zero-waste shop or even at the grocery store.
15. Gift a Charity Donation to Your Vegan Friends
Another unconventional gift idea for a vegan friend is a charity donation in the name of your friend. There are also plenty of organizations that enable you to gift an animal adoption or sponsorship.
- How to Become Vegan: Beginner Tips and Tricks
- Veganuary: How to Go Vegan This January
- Animal Testing: How Big Is the Problem?
Do you like this post?