Moon milk is a drink said to ensure a peaceful night’s rest. With our moon milk recipe you can make the tasty honey drink yourself in a few simple steps.
Moon Milk: Ingredients
Drinking moon milk just before bed is a traditional ayurvedic way to help you fall asleep. Its calming effect is mainly due to the spice ashwagandha, also called sleeping berry. This ingredient is native to India and Africa in particular, but you can buy it in health food shops or online, for example on Amazon**. Besides ashwagandha, this sleeping potion traditionally consists of milk, honey and other spices. We, however, have prepared a dairy-free moon milk recipe for you.
The following ingredients are essential for a soothing cup of dairy-free moon milk:
- 8 oz oat milk, or another non-dairy milk
- 1 pinch of cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 1/2 vanilla pod
- 1 tsp honey
- 1 tsp ashwagandha
Tip: The spices you choose determine the color of your drink. For example, if you add some turmeric, your drink will be yellow.
Moon Milk Recipe: Step By Step
Five minutes is all the time you need for this moon milk recipe. We recommend you drink the beverage about one hour before going to sleep. This will allow its relaxing effect to unfold and nothing will stand in the way of your peaceful night’s rest. Here’s how to make your own dairy-free moon milk step by step:
- Pour the oat milk (or other dairy-free milk) in a saucepan.
- Add cinnamon and nutmeg.
- Heat the milk while stirring constantly so that it doesn’t burn.
- Cut the vanilla pod in half and scrape out the pulp.
- Stir the pulp of the vanilla pod, honey and ashwagandha into the milk mixture and mix well.
- You’re finished! Let your drink cool down a little before drinking it and have a restful night.
Do you like this post?