Cold winter days call for comfort food and cozy days in. If you are looking for a warm and delicious snack, check out this recipe to make the best vegan banana bread of all.
Banana bread is a moist, flavorful, and comforting food option that you can have as breakfast, dessert, or an afternoon snack. Whether you are a good baker or not, banana bread is one of the easiest recipes out there. In this article, we will show you how to make the best vegan banana bread that will have you coming back for more (plus it leave your house smelling amazing). This vegan banana bread recipe is simple, healthy, and can be made gluten-free and nut-free. Happy baking!
How To Make Vegan Banana Bread
- 3-4 overripe bananas
- 1/3 cup melted vegan butter or vegan butter substitute
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ¼ cup plant milk of your choice
- 1 ¾ flour of your choice
- 1/3 cup organic brown sugar
- 1 ½ tsp baking powder
- Pinch of salt
- In a bowl, add your ripened bananas and mash them well.
- Add the vegan butter, vanilla extract, and plant milk and mix.
- Add the flour, brown sugar, baking powder, and pinch of salt and mix until ingredients are combined – do not overmix.
- Transfer the batter to a loaf pan. You can either grease it with some vegan butter, use some parchment paper, or a sustainable parchment paper alternative. Bake for 45-50 minutes at 350F°.
- Let your vegan banana bread cool down before you slice it and enjoy!
You can store your vegan banana bread in an airtight container for up to five days in the fridge.
Tips & Tricks for The Best Vegan Banana Bread
Now that you’ve got your vegan banana bread, it’s time to get creative. You can serve it alongside some vegan yogurt or spread it with some homemade vegan Nutella and have a delicious snack. If you want to slightly change the recipe from time to time, you can add some extra ingredients and toppings. Here are a few tips and tricks to help you make the very best vegan banana bread:
- Bananas must be very ripe. Extra ripe bananas are best for making banana bread because they are softer and sweeter, which means you can add less brown sugar to the recipe.
- Do not overmix the batter. It is a common mistake to mix all ingredients thoroughly, which ends up leading to a very gummy banana bread that is far from the soft, moist, vegan banana bread you are looking for.
- Adapt the recipe to the ingredients you have at home. For example, if you don’t have vegan butter, you can use melted coconut oil or unsweetened applesauce.
- Add-ins and toppings are a game-changer. Try adding some cinnamon, raisins, blueberries, chocolate chips, or walnuts to make it slightly different every time. You will need to add the extra ingredients to the batter right before you transfer it to the loaf pan. If you want your vegan banana bread to look fancier, you can also top it with banana slices right before you place it in the oven.
- What to Do With Ripe Bananas: 10 Healthy Recipes and Tips
- Baked Apples in Oven: Perfect for Cold Winter Days
- Chocolate Snowball Cookies That are Vegan & Delicious
Do you like this post?