Wondering how to fix chapped lips fast? Keep your lips moist and nourish them even on cold winter days using our tips and natural home remedies.
Dry and chapped lips can be caused by many factors, such as cold or dry weather, sun exposure, dehydration, frequent licking of your lips, and stress. The result is chapped lips, which can be quite annoying. But don’t worry, you can learn how to fix chapped lips fast using simple remedies. Let’s take a look.
1. Home Remedies for Chapped Lips
There are several home remedies for dry lips which will show you how to fix chapped lips fast by using valuable ingredients from nature like aloe vera, honey, coconut oil, and green tea. Another idea to take care of your chapped lips is to make a homemade lip scrub with natural exfoliants. Make sure not to overdo it, as over-exfoliating may irritate your lips even further.
2. Choose Hydrating Lip Balms
Using homemade remedies is the best solution, but they are not always practical to carry around. Look for a good lip balm to use on the go! Many lip products you get at drug stores or online shops are actually counterproductive and make your lips even drier. Thus, it’s important to pay attention to the following when getting your hands on a new lip balm:
- Choose products with organic ingredients: Jojoba oil, shea butter, cocoa butter, or sunflower wax are great examples of natural oils that fix chapped lips fast.
- Avoid artificial ingredients: Base ingredients such as petroleum jelly or coloring materials can be harmful and cause skin irritation. Stay away from them when picking lip care for your chapped lips.
- Prioritize lip balms with sun protection: When going outside, using lip balms with SPF 30 or higher is useful to protect your lips from the sun. The sun can burn dry and chapped lips more easily.
- Make your own homemade chapstick: this allows you to use the ingredients you think will be most helpful in the fight against chapped lips.
3. Counteract Dry Air in Your Room
Did you consider that the reason for your chapped lips or dry skin may actually be caused by the humidity levels in your room? Luckily there are many ways to increase the humidity in your home naturally that can contribute to fixing your chapped lips fast. You can air dry your clothes, add houseplants or shower with the door open to level up the humidity in your home — to name just a few.
4. Drink Plenty Of Water
Drinking enough water has many health benefits. It’s one of the best home remedies for dry skin, keeping your body refreshed and hydrated. Hydration helps maintain the elasticity of your skin and can bring your chapped and dry lips back to life. It’s worth noting that water alone won’t keep you hydrated – you should consider supplementing your fluid intake with electrolyte drinks to ensure your body is getting all the vitamins and minerals it needs.
5. Don’t Lick Your Lips
This tip is important so your chapped lips don’t get even drier. Licking your lips can be one reason for your lips getting chapped in the first place. When you lick your lips, you coat your lips in saliva which includes enzymes that remain on the lips and strip them of moisture. This causes additional dryness and discomfort.
- Does Skin Cycling Work or Is It a Myth?
- 3 Turmeric Face Mask Recipes & Why Your Skin Will Love Them
- How to Use Apple Cider Vinegar for Warts
Do you like this post?