Oopsies are low-carb rolls that are made without using any flour at all. They’re easy to make and only require a few ingredients. Check out this easy recipe for oopsie rolls to learn how to make them at home.
For people who are trying to stay away from carbohydrates, the very first things to go are usually pasta, potatoes, and bread. Luckily, low-carb bread alternatives like oopsies are available to buy in many stores, or you can easily make them yourself.
Oopsies are rolls made without flour. They look similar to certain types of flatbread and are rich in protein. All you need to make these rolls are five ingredients. Unfortunately, oopsie rolls are not suitable for vegans. Find out more about vegan bread here.
Tip: To help the environment and to protect your health, try to buy organic ingredients. Look for quality control seals that guarantee cruelty-free and sustainable products.
How to Make Oopsies
Oopsie rolls are easy to make. Here’s what you’ll need:
- 3 eggs
- ⅓ cup whipped cottage cheese
- ⅓ plain cream cheese
- ½ tsp baking powder
- Salt to taste
- Separate the eggs
- Combine the egg yolks with the whipped cottage cheese, cream cheese, and baking powder in a bowl. Use a hand mixer to blend the ingredients together.
- In a separate bowl, add a dash of salt to the egg whites and whip until stiff.
- Fold the egg whites into the cheese mixture.
- Line a baking sheet with baking paper. Divide the dough into three or four parts and place onto the baking sheet. If you want smaller oopsies, you can divide the dough into smaller portions.
- Bake the oopsie rolls at 300°F for about 20 minutes, or until golden brown.
Oopsie Rolls: More Tips
To add flavor and texture to your oopsies, sprinkle them with nuts or seeds. Oopsie rolls can also be made sweet. Simply add a bit of sugar and vanilla extract to the dough before baking. Stack them with berries and greek yogurt and drizzle with maple syrup for a sweet, low-carb treat.
If you’re looking for more low-carb sweets, check out this recipe for low carb cookies.affiliate links: If you buy here, you actively support Utopia.org because we get a small portion of the proceeds.
Do you like this post?